Tonight I had a brain wave of inspiration to write again. It’s been a while, and quite rightly so. A lot has happened to me since my last post, for one it’s now 2014, and for the rest here goes.
1) Sometime around March last year I left Manfriend, I left our house, our furniture and my beloved garden behind in the search for someone who would love me the way I deserved to be loved. I am not completely without fault in this, but I can truly say I tried my hardest to make our relationship work. This was really sad, but read on, it gets much better.
2) I finished my undergraduate degree. I am now Ruby Lee BEng MIET 🙂 And readers I will tell you know I got a 1st, and came in the top 10 of my class and I don’t care who knows it, I worked really hard for that piece of paper! I decided against the MEng as I felt like a need for change and I wasn’t particularly struck by my course options.
3) Shortly after completing my degree I ran off with a man called Andi. We motorcycled to Greece from England and back again all in time for graduation.
4) I definitely had run out of money by about August. So I began the hunt for my graduate job. Turned out I didn’t need to hunt, I was being hunted already, for PhD’s and graduate electronics jobs.
5) After choosing from a selection of offers, I got a job, and moved to Bournemouth on the south coast of England. No chance of getting rickets here! I now work in the nuclear industry but as I’ve signed the official secrets act I can’t actually divulge what I do. That still sounds too cool, even after 4 months of working there!
6) I became very very happy.